MOLES & WINDOM TIED ATOP BC39 POINTS ENTERING THURSDAY
By: Richie Murray – USAC Media
Speedway, Indiana (August 4, 2022)………CB Industries teammates Mitchel Moles and Chris Windom are tied atop the event point standings for the Driven2SaveLives BC39 Presented by WeatherTech entering the final night on Thursday, August 4, at The Dirt Track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Both Moles (Raisin City, Calif.) and Windom (Canton, Ill.) earned a peak amount of points in the standings by virtue of eighth to first-place advances in each of their respective USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship heat races on Wednesday night.
Points for the heat races were accumulated at the conclusion of Wednesday night’s racing activities based on finishing position and total number of positions gained or lost. Cars will be positioned into qualifying races on Thursday based on the “passing points” earned in Wednesday’s heats.
All cars are eligible for Thursday’s qualifying races. Qualifying races will be 10 laps each with the top-six starting positions inverted and the top point earner from Wednesday’s heat races starting sixth in their qualifying race.
Total points from the heat races and qualifying races will then be added together to set the feature starting lineup, along with transfers from the B-Main, C-Main and front of the D-Main races. The top-16 overall in accumulated points will start straight-up in the first eight rows of the feature.
D-Mains: 12 laps. Includes cars 45 and below in points. Odd numbers in points go to D-Main #1. Even numbers in points go to D-Main #2. The top-three finishers in each D-Main transfer into the C-Main.
C-Main: 15 laps. Includes cars 31-44 in points, plus the top-three finishers from each D-Main. The top-six finishers transfer to the B-Main.
B-Main (Semi-Feature): 20 laps. Includes cars ranked 17-30 in points, plus the top-six finishers from the C-Main. The top six finishers transfer to the night’s A-Main feature event.
The 39-lap A-Main feature will have 22 starters, plus two USAC provisional starters (if applicable) and two IMS options.
The event on the quarter-mile dirt oval inside turn three at IMS will continue to honor late USAC champion and three-time Indianapolis 500 starter Bryan Clauson and increase awareness of and participation in the Indiana Donor Network and Driven2SaveLives.
The finale, on Thursday, August 4, will have the public gates opening at 4pm and cars on track for practice at 5pm, with qualifying races to follow at 6pm. Opening ceremonies are slated for 7:30pm and immediately followed by the main feature events, the semi-feature and the 39-lap main event.
Advance race tickets can be purchased via www.TheBC39.com.
Every lap of the BC39 will be aired live on FloRacing at https://flosports.link/3AMU46z.
POINT STANDINGS: DRIVEN2SAVELIVES BC39 PRESENTED BY WEATHERTECH
(After Night #1 of 2)
1. 160.0-Mitchel Moles & Chris Windom
3. 153.0-Cannon McIntosh
4. 150.0-Zach Daum
5. 148.0-Justin Grant
6. 143.0-Trey Gropp & Thomas Meseraull
8. 141.0-Kyle Larson
9. 140.0-Ethan Mitchell
10. 138.0-Emerson Axsom & Brady Bacon
12. 136.0-Karter Sarff
13. 135.0-Dominic Gorden
14. 133.0-Kyle Cummins
15. 130.0-Jade Avedisian, Michael Faccinto, Tyler Courtney & Buddy Kofoid
19. 126.0-Michael Pickens & J.J. Yeley
21. 125.0-Chance Crum
22. 123.0-Brenham Crouch
23. 119.0-C.J. Leary & Logan Seavey
25. 117.0-Jacob Denney
26. 116.5-Chase Briscoe & Ryan Timms
28. 116.0-Riley Kreisel
29. 112.0-Bryant Wiedeman
30. 111.0-Kaylee Bryson
31. 109.5-Austin Barnhill, Mariah Ede & Jace Park
34. 109.0-Jerry Coons Jr., Sheldon Creed, Nick Drake & Taylor Reimer
38. 108.0-Adam Taylor
39. 102.5-Maria Cofer, Bill Rose & Donny Schatz
42. 102.0-Blake Brannon
43. 100.0-Greyson Springer & Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
45. 99.5-Russ Gamester
46. 97.0-Steve Buckwalter & Alex Watson
48. 95.5-Colby Copeland & Cade Lewis
50. 95.0-John Heydenreich
51. 94.0-Chase McDermand & Hayden Reinbold
53. 88.5-Bryan Stanfill & Barrie Valentino
55. 87.0-Rylan Gray, A.J. Hopkins & Kyle Jones
58. 85.5-Michelle Decker
59. 84.0-Shannon McQueen
60. 83.0-Anton Hernandez
61. 82.5-Ryan Newman
62. 81.5-Dillon Welch
63. 80.0-Isaac Chapple & Braden Chiaramonte
65. 78.5-Jimi Quin
66. 77.0-Chris Baue
67. 76.0-Jason McDougal
68. 75.5-Scott Orr
69. 74.5-Timmy Buckwalter
70. 74.0-Kyle Keaton & Zach Veach
72. 73.0-Justin Dickerson & Jordan Kinser
74. 70.0-Jim Jones & Jeff Schindler
76. 67.0-Casey Burkham
77. 66.0-Ian Creager & Josh Hodge
79. 65.5-Travis Buckley & Alex Nalon
81. 64.5-Zach Boden
82. 58.5-Jadon Rogers
83. 57.0-Ryan Thomas
84. 0.0-Clinton Boyles & Peter Paulson